“Mastering the art of resilience does much more than restore you to who you once thought you were. Rather, you emerge from the experience transformed into a truer expression of who you were really meant to be.”
It’s not a matter of if…it’s a matter of when. Creating a solid resiliency “plan of action” will determine your success or failure.
Resiliency refers to the ability to:
- Cope well with high levels of ongoing disruptive change
- Sustain good health and energy when under consistent pressure
- Bounce “through” challenges
- Overcome adversity
- Change to a new way of being when an old way is no longer possible
- Behave without acting in dysfunctional or harmful ways
It is often expressed that people or organizations with high level resiliency skills bounce “back” from adversity. We at Leap Frog Coaching & Consulting believe “back” implies having to start over. Instead, we posit, what would be gained if you bounced “through” adversity? Bouncing “through” is a continuation, a flow, a continuity that carries forward momentum rather than a loss of ground.
Developing resilience skills offers the possibility of more positive outcomes, including enhanced performance and results.
Resilient people display characteristics that help them adapt to adversity including:
- Taking purposeful actions
- Believe in their ability to create desired outcomes
- Shift and integrate different perspectives
They decide that somehow, some way, they will do their very best to survive, cope, and even, thrive, in the face of challenging circumstances. In fact, they expect it!
Resiliency skills are essential in this ever and rapidly changing work environment. Organizations and employers frequently rank “adaptability” at the top of the list of qualifications they are seeking in employees. If we expect the best possible outcome but are not equipped with the proper skill set, we may fall short of the result we want, both personally and professionally.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
How can resiliency be developed or enhanced?
Through an understanding of neuroscience, positive psychology, and human nature, Leap Frog Coaching & Consulting will help you create a clear path to developing your proactive resiliency skills. We can help individuals and organizations master this critical skill by providing the tools necessary to identify current resilience levels and the techniques and strategies needed to develop those skills.
With heightened resiliency skills you will:
- Have an advantage over less resilient competitors
- Have a higher tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity
- Be more effective at making difficult situations work well
- Lower absenteeism in the workplace
- Minimize stress both personally and professionally
Your intention to develop resiliency methods that work for you determines your success or failure.
Are you ready to Bounce Through to success?
Please call to learn more about our services.
Leap Frog Coaching & Consulting, LLC • 303/482-2709